Android for Work is a Google program to separate personal and corporate data on an Android
If you have registered your company with Android for Work, you can set up Sophos Mobile
Control as a third-party EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) provider for your Android
for Work domain.
Android for Work supports different deployment scenarios. Sophos Mobile Control uses the BYOD
(bring your own device
- Users have to create a work profile on their devices.
- The work profile will be attached to the primary device profile, that is the personal
profile, so that its content is available to the personal profile.
- Sophos Mobile Control manages the content of the work profile. It registers itself as
the profile owner.
- When a device is enrolled with Android for Work, all the apps in the work
profile, including the Sophos Mobile Control app, are marked with a briefcase badge.
- Users use the badged version of the Google Play Store app to install work apps from
Google Play for Work.
- You can configure the content and layout of Google Play for Work using Sophos Mobile