With the Kiosk mode configuration you define restrictions for devices
to put them into a kiosk mode.
Click Select source and then do one of the following to specify an app
that is started when the profile is transferred to a device:
- Select Custom and enter an app identifier.
- Select App list and then select an app from the App
identifier list. The list contains all apps that you have configured on the
Apps page. See Add app.
- Select None to configure kiosk mode without specifying an app. The
kiosk mode restrictions are applied to the device, but no app is started.
Under Options, deselect hardware and software features you want to
disable in kiosk mode.
When the profile is transferred to a device, the app that you specified is started. However, if
you have not turn off any of the available hardware or software features, the user will be
able to leave the app and use the device as normal. To set the device into a true kiosk
mode, you must clear at least the Allow Home button
Allow task manager
- The app that you specify must be installed on the device. If it is not, the transfer
tasks will remain in state Incomplete until the app is installed. To install
the app, create a task bundle with an Install app task, for
example, and transfer it to your devices.
- If you want to specify an app for Samsung Knox devices, make sure it is a launcher
app. This type of app provides an alternative desktop for Android.
- For Sony devices with Enterprise API version 9 or above, if you clear any of the
Allow volume up, Allow volume down or
Allow volume mute checkboxes, all volume buttons of the
device are disabled.