You must have the "Network" integrations license pack to use this feature.
You can integrate Darktrace with Sophos Central so that it sends alerts to Sophos.
This integration uses a log collector hosted on a virtual machine (VM). Together they are called a data collector. The data collector receives third-party data and sends it to the Sophos Data Lake.
You can add multiple instances of Darktrace to the same data collector.
To do this, set up your Darktrace integration in Sophos Central, then configure one Darktrace instance to send logs to it. Then configure your other Darktrace instances to send logs to the same Sophos data collector.
You don't have to repeat the Sophos Central part of the setup.
The key steps to add an integration are as follows:
- Add an integration for this product. This configures an image to use on a VM.
- Download and deploy the image on your VM. This becomes your data collector.
- Configure Darktrace to send data to the data collector.
Data collectors have system and network access requirements. To check that you meet them, see Data collector requirements.
Add an integration
To add the integration, do as follows:
- Sign in to Sophos Central.
- Go to Threat Analysis Center > Integrations.
If you've already set up connections to Darktrace, you see them here.
In Integrations, click Add.
If this is the first integration you've added, we'll ask for details about your internal domains and IPs. See My domains and IPs.
Integration steps appears.
Configure the VM
In Integration setup steps you configure your VM to receive data from Darktrace. You can use an existing VM, or create a new one.
To configure the VM, do as follows:
- Enter an integration name and description.
Enter a name and description for the data collector.
If you've already set up a data collector integration you can choose it from a list.
Select the virtual platform. Currently we only support VMware ESXi 6.7 or later, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
You must join the EAP to use Hyper-V.
Specify the IP settings for the Internet-facing network ports. This sets up the management interface for the VM.
Select DHCP to assign the IP address automatically.
If you select DHCP, you must reserve the IP address.
Select Manual to specify network settings.
Select the Syslog IP version and enter the Syslog IP address.
You'll need this syslog IP address later, when you configure Darktrace to send data to your data collector.
Select a Protocol.
You must use the same protocol when you configure Darktrace to send data to your data collector.
We create the integration and it appears in your list.
In the integration details, you can see the port number for the data collector. You'll need this later when you configure Darktrace to send data to it.
It might take a few minutes for the VM image to be ready.
Deploy the VM
If you're using ESXi, the OVA file is verified with Sophos Central, so it can only be used once. If you have to deploy another VM, you must create an OVA file again in Sophos Central.
Use the VM image to deploy the VM. To do this, do as follows:
- In the list of integrations, in Actions, click the download action for your platform, for example Download OVA for ESXi.
- When the image download finishes, deploy it on your VM. See Deploy a VM for integrations.
When you've deployed the VM, the integration shows as Connected.
You now configure Darktrace to send alerts to us, using syslog forwarding.
To configure alert forwarding, do as follows:
- In Darktrace, go to System Config > Alerting.
- Set Advanced Options to True.
- Set CEF Syslog Alerts to True.
- Use the Enter key to make extra fields appear. If that doesn't work, put your cursor in a field and use Enter again.
- In CEF Syslog Server, enter the IP address of your data collector, and use the Enter key.
In CEF Syslog Server Port, enter the Port on which your data colector listens, and use the Enter key again.
You must enter the same settings you entered in Sophos Central when you added the integration.
Darktrace alerts depend on how events are scored. To maximize the alerts forwarded to Sophos, make sure Minimum Alert Priority and Score are both set to 1.
Darktrace alerts should appear in the Sophos Data Lake after validation.