Apple Business Manager
With Apple Business Manager, you can purchase iPhones, iPads, and Macs in volume for distribution within your organization.
Apple Business Manager replaces the Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and the Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
Apple Business Manager simplifies the deployment of mobile devices by providing the following features:
- Configurable activation process
- Over-the-air configuration
- Automatic enrollment with Sophos Mobile
To set up integration of Sophos Mobile with Apple Business Manager, perform the following one-time steps:
- In Apple Business Manager, create a virtual MDM server and link it to Sophos Mobile.
- In Sophos Mobile Admin, create Apple Business Manager profiles that control device attributes specific to Apple Business Manager. You can also customize the setup assistant that starts when the user switches on the device for the first time.
To deploy a device through Apple Business Manager, do as follows:
- Purchase the device from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller.
- In Apple Business Manager, assign the device to Sophos Mobile.
- In Sophos Mobile Admin, assign an Apple Business Manager profile to the device.
- Distribute the device to your user.
- When the user switches on the device for the first time, the customized setup assistant starts. The device enrolls with Sophos Mobile as a supervised device, and Sophos Mobile assigns the user to it.
- If required, you can transfer additional task bundles to the device.