Testing and fixing Sophos Mailflow
You can test domains and recreate connections if they fail.
Connections between Sophos Mailflow and Microsoft 365 domains may fail. For example your Microsoft 365 domain settings may change, preventing connections.
Test a connection
To test a Sophos Mailflow connection, do as follows:
- Go to Email Security > Settings > M365 Mailflow Domain Settings / Status
Click the test icon for the domain you want to test.
In Run a Quick Test, enter an email address to receive a test email.
The test takes a few minutes.
If the test fails, you can click Run The Test Again or Reconnect.
You can also manually disconnect then reconnect the domain.
Disconnect from Sophos Central
You can disconnect a Sophos Mailflow domain from your Microsoft 365 domain in Sophos Central.
To disconnect, do as follows.
- Go to Email Security > Settings > M365 Mailflow Domain Settings / Status.
Find the domain and click Disconnect.
This removes the apps, connectors and rules that Sophos Mailflow created in your Microsoft 365 environment for that domain. It might take a few minutes.
If you want to check that everything has been removed, follow the steps in "Check your Microsoft 365 settings have been removed".
Check your Microsoft 365 settings have been removed
If you've disconnected a domain and want to check that everything has been removed before reconnecting it, review the apps, connectors, and rules in your Microsoft 365 admin center.
We recommend you check Microsoft help for updates before changing your email configuration.
To check your settings, do as follows.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Go to your Azure AD admin center and click App registrations.
- Check that the Sophos Email Mail flow app for the domain that you are troubleshooting is removed.
- Go to your Exchange admin center.
- Go to Mail flow and click Rules.
- Check that the rules that redirect inbound and outbound emails to Sophos for that domain are removed.
- Go to Mail flow and click Connectors.
- Check that the connectors for inbound and outbound emails for that domain are removed.
For more information about the changes made when you connected Sophos Mailflow, see Changes made in Microsoft 365 environments.
Now reconnect the Microsoft 365 domain to Sophos Mailflow again. See Set up Sophos Mailflow.