Managed Threat Response (Sophos MTR) is a fully-managed, 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and remediation service.
The Sophos MTR Ops team provides two services:
- Managed Threat Response (MTR): This is the full service and offers detection, notification, and remediation. There are two levels of support: MTR Standard and MTR Advanced. For more information, see Managed Threat Response.
- Managed Threat Detection (MTD): This runs alongside third-party endpoint protection and offers detection and notification only. For more information, see Managed Threat Detection.
You can manage either service from the MTR pages in Sophos Central, but some features don't apply for Sophos MTD.
In the MTR section in Sophos Central, you can do as follows:
- Set or edit your MTR preferences (your authorized contacts and level of service).
- Monitor MTR threat detections and investigations.
- Get reports on MTR activity.
MTR not set up yet?
If you haven't set up Sophos MTR yet, see one of these guides:
- Sophos MTR startup guide for new customers: This guide tells you how to set up Sophos MTR if you're a new customer.
- Sophos MTR startup guide for existing customers: This guide tells you how to set up Sophos MTR if you're already using Sophos Central or migrating to it.
If you want to set up Sophos MTD, see this guide: