On the VLANs page, you can add, delete and edit the VLANs assigned to the switch.
To add a VLAN, do as follows:
- Click Add VLAN.
- In the Add VLAN window, enter the VLAN information and click Save.
The information you must enter is described below:
- Name: Enter a name for the VLAN.
- VLAN ID: Enter the VLAN ID. This must be a number from 2 to 4094.
- Color: Select a color to be displayed in the admin console for the VLAN. This is only a visual guide and doesn't affect the VLAN function.
- Description: Enter a description for the VLAN.
Untagged ports: From the drop-down menu, select which ports are untagged. These ports only allow traffic to pass from the single VLAN.
All untagged ports use the default VLAN ID. To allow traffic from other VLANs ports must be tagged.
Tagged ports: From the drop-down menu, select which ports will be tagged. These are trunk ports, allowing traffic from multiple VLANs to pass through a single port.