Create a hotspot
Create a secured hotspot to generate a wireless node that provides internet and VPN access.
Ensure that you have an existing SSID that can be turned into a hotspot. See SSIDs.
You need to set up authentication with Google and Facebook if you want to allow your users to use their social media accounts to authenticate themselves. You need to set this up in the Advanced Settings for the SSID. See SSID advanced settings.
You can create a hotspot with or without a voucher.
- Click on an existing SSID (Wireless > SSID).
- Go to Advanced Settings > Captive Portal and click Enable hotspot.
Enter the information you want to provide on the landing page.
The hotspot can be customized using the template drop-down menu at the top of the page. When selecting a custom template you can upload a company logo and change background color. For more information please see Customize hotspot.
Select an authentication type to define how users can access the hotspot.
It is more secure to use authentication.
Select Custom URL if you want to redirect users to a specific landing page after authentication.
- Preview your customization if you want to.
- Save your settings.
The hotspot is available after a few seconds.
The backend authentication fails
- Check your server logs for anomalies.
HTTPS traffic is not redirected
- HTTPS redirect for hotspot sign-in is not supported.
LED on the access point is amber
- There is no connection from the access point to Sophos Central. Try to reconnect.
Passwords and vouchers will not expire.