Frequently asked questions
These are the most frequently asked questions about packet capture and syslog data capture.
Why don't I see packets in Wireshark?
- Check if the server IP is configured properly.
- Check if Wireshark is running on the right interface.
- Check if there is an incorrect filter in the Wireshark.
- Check if the access point is offline while running the packet capture.
- Check if firewall allows port 37008 if the server IP is in different subnet.
What happens when Wireshark isn't running on the server?
The access point will still send the packets to configured server. You must start Wireshark to see the packets.
Can I capture packets on multiple access points?
Yes, you can capture packets on multiple access points.
Can I capture packets without assigning SSIDs.
Yes, you can capture packets without assigning SSIDs. The access point will capture packets either on the manually configured channel or on the channel picked by Autochannel.
Is Packet capture feature supported on all access point firmwares?
Packet capture is supported on v2.1.0-1 or later.
Why can’t I start packet capture when access point status is gray?
The access point is offline. You cannot capture packets when the access point is offline.
Syslog data capture
Why I cannot see any syslog data in my configured syslog server?
- Check if your syslog server is reachable from the access point.
Why has my syslog server stopped receiving data?
- Check if the access point is up and running.
- Also, check the connectivity between the access point and the syslog server.