Initial setup in ConnectWise
Follow these steps to begin integrating.
Check that you have the integrator login account in ConnectWise. If the integrator account has been removed or deleted, you need to recreate it before you start. See ConnectWise Integrator Login Setup Table.
We recommend that you generate API keys for a member or members, rather than for an account. This gives you greater control over who can access APIs, lets you track activity by members, and helps with debugging (for example, if there is a synchronization error).
To generate API keys, do as follows.
In ConnectWise, go to System > Members.
Select the API Members tab and click to add a member.
Enter the details of an administrator. Save the new member.
In the list of members, click the new member's name.
Select the API Keys tab and click .
In the Description field, enter a description for the new key (for example Sophos Central Integration).
Do not use Save and Close.
Two API keys are generated and displayed: a Public Key and a Private Key. The Private Key is only displayed at the time the key is created. Make a note of both keys, as you will need them to synchronize Sophos Central customers with ConnectWise.
Make a note of both keys or copy them to the clipboard as there is no way to recover the Private Key once the tab is closed.
Check that the credientials for the API Keys have the correct permissions to access the Catalog. Permissions are based upon security roles.Go to System > Security Roles and select role for this integration. Set up the permissions as follows:
- Assign Member as the Security Permission.
- Under Companies, select Company Maintenanceand set Inquire Level = All.
- Under Finance, select Agreements and set Add Level = All, Edit Level = All, and Inquire Level = All.
- Under Procurement, select Product Catalog and set Add Level = All and Inquire Level = All.
- Under System, select Table Setup and set Add Level = All, Edit Level = All, and Inquire Level = All.
- Under System, select Member maintenance and set Inquire Level = All.
- Under Service Desk, select Service Tickets and set Inquire Level = All, Add Level = All and Edit Level = All.
Select API Reports and set Inquire Level = All.
Make sure that the role has access to Members.
If you are unsure how to do this see the ConnectWise documentation.