For Sophos Central customers
These are the release notes for Sophos Endpoint for Windows 7 and later, managed by Sophos Central.
Some of the features mentioned in these release notes are only available if you have the appropriate license.
Updated endpoint user interface
A new user interface for Sophos Intercept X and Device Encryption is being rolled out to Windows devices. The aim of this update is to better represent our different endpoint components and bring a consistent look across platforms.
The application now hooks into Windows system notifications, this means alerts are shown in the Action Centre, as well as through a desktop popup message.
The new interface leverages the .NET framework and requires version 4.5.2 or later.
- Windows 10, Server 2016 and Server 2019 devices come with this version or later pre-installed.
- Older platforms, Windows 7, 8 and Server 2012, do not.
For more information on the .NET framework, see .NET Framework system requirements.
If the Sophos agent detects that .NET 4.5.2 is not present on a device, it downloads and installs it automatically. This download is approximately 30MB in size.
Note The underlying functionality of Intercept X and Device Encryption is not changed as part of this update.
You can find technical support for Sophos products in any of these ways:
- Visit the Sophos Community at community.sophos.com/ and search for other users who are experiencing the same problem.
- Visit the Sophos support knowledge base at www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx.
- Download the product documentation at www.sophos.com/en-us/support/documentation.aspx.
- Open a ticket with our support team at https://secure2.sophos.com/support/contact-support/support-query.aspx.
Copyright © 2020 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos and Sophos Anti-Virus are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited and Sophos Group. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.