If the Protect Computers Wizard fails to install Sophos Endpoint
Security and Control on computers, it could be because:
- Enterprise Console does not
know which operating system the computers are running. This is probably because
you did not enter your username in the format domain\user when finding
- Automatic installation is not possible on that
operating system. Perform a manual installation. For instructions, see the Sophos Enterprise Console advanced startup guide.
- The computers are running a
- “Simple File Sharing” has
not been turned off on Windows XP computers.
- The “Use Sharing Wizard” option has not been turned off on Windows Vista computers.
- You selected to install a
feature that is not supported on the computers’ operating systems.
For a full list of requirements for the Sophos Endpoint Security and
Control features, see the system requirements page on the Sophos website (http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/all-system-requirements).