If Sophos Endpoint Security and Control fails in an attempt to clean up items
("Cleanup failed"), the reason could be:
- It has not found all the components of a multi-component item.
full system scan of the
computer(s) to find the other components. See Scan computers now.
- Some drives or folders that contain item components are
excluded from scanning.
Check the items excluded
from scanning (see Exclude items from on-access scanning). If there are some items on the list, remove them
from the list.
- You have insufficient access rights.
- It cannot clean up that type of item.
- It has found a virus fragment, rather than an exact virus
- The item is on a write-protected floppy disk or CD.
- The item is on a write-protected NTFS volume