If you use role-based
administration, you must have the
right to perform this task.
For more information, see
Managing roles and sub-estates
The Alert and event history report shows alerts and events per specified reporting period.
- Click the Reports icon on the toolbar.
- In the Report Manager dialog box, select Alert and event history and click Properties.
- In the Alert and Event History Properties dialog box, on the Configuration tab, set up the options you want.
- In the Report details panel, edit the name and description of the report, if you wish.
- In the Reporting period panel, in the Period text box, click the drop-down arrow and select a time
You can either select a fixed period, for example, Last month, or select Custom and specify your own time period in the Start and End boxes.
- In the Report location panel, click Group of computers or Individual computer. Then click the drop-down arrow to
specify a group or computer name.
- In the Alert and event types to include panel, select alert and event types you want to include in the report.
By default, the report shows all alert and event types.
Alternatively, you can configure the report to show only
locations that have reported a particular alert or event. To specify a
single alert or event, click Advanced and click an alert or event name in
the list. To specify more than one alert or event, type a name in the text
box, using wildcards. Use ? for any single character in the name,
and * for any string of characters. For example, W32/* would
specify all viruses with names beginning W32/.
- On the Display options tab, select how you want to sort the alerts and events.
By default, alert and event details are sorted according to Alert and event name. However, reports can also be sorted by Computer name, computer Group name, or Date and time.
- On the Schedule tab, select Schedule this report if you want to run the report at regular intervals, with the results being sent to your chosen recipients as email attachments. Enter the start date and time and the frequency with which the report will be generated, specify the output file format and language, and enter the email addresses of the recipients of the report.