Encryption keys in the SafeGuard Enterprise key ring can be made available in the Sophos Secure
Workspace app. Users of the app can then use the keys to decrypt and view documents, or to
Key rings are synchronized between SafeGuard Enterprise and Sophos Mobile Control. No keys are
stored on the Sophos Mobile Control server. Only the Sophos Secure Workspace app can decrypt the
These requirements must be met for key ring synchronization:
- You have set up the integration in the SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center.
- You use Sophos Mobile Control 6.1.
- You have configured external user management for the Sophos Mobile Control 6.1 Self Service
Portal as described in the Sophos Mobile Control documentation, using the same Active Directory
user database that is configured in SafeGuard Enterprise.
- Sophos Secure Workspace is managed by Sophos Mobile Control.
- You have set up the integration in Sophos Mobile Control.
- In order to have the key ring available in Sophos Mobile Control, users have to log on at
least once to SafeGuard Enterprise.
Features on mobile devices
Key ring synchronization includes these features:
- The keys from a user's SafeGuard Enterprise key ring are available in the Sophos Secure
Workspace key ring (SSW key ring).
- Users can continue to use local keys that were available in their SSW key ring before you set
up key ring synchronization.
- After you set up key ring synchronization, users cannot create new local keys.
- For security reasons, the keys from the SafeGuard Enterprise key ring are removed from a
device when the Sophos container is locked.