To access the encrypted endpoint, the following general workflow applies:
- Obtain the SafeGuard Enterprise recovery disk from technical support.
The helpdesk may
download the Windows PE recovery disk with the latest SafeGuard Enterprise
filter drivers from the Sophos support site. For more information, see Sophos knowledgebase article 108805.
- Create the Virtual Client in the SafeGuard Management Center, see Create Virtual Clients.
- Export the Virtual Client to a file, see Export Virtual Clients.
- Optionally, export several Virtual Client keys to a file, see Create and export key files for Virtual Client recovery.
- Boot the endpoint from the recovery disk.
- Import the Virtual Client file into the KeyRecovery Tool.
- Initiate the Challenge in the KeyRecovery Tool.
- Confirm the Virtual Client in the SafeGuard Management Center.
- Select the required recovery action.
- Enter the challenge code in the SafeGuard Management Center.
- Generate the response code in the SafeGuard Management Center.
- Enter the response code into the KeyRecovery tool.
The computer can be accessed again.