- In the Users and Computers navigation area, under the
Inventory tab, check if a company certificate
change is required for the endpoints that should receive the new
configuration package. If the field Current Company
Certificate is not checked, the currently active company
certificates in the SafeGuard Enterprise Database and on the computer differ
and a company certificate change is therefore required.
- In the SafeGuard Management Center,
on the Tools menu, click Configuration
- Select Managed client packages.
- Click Add Configuration Package.
- Enter a name of your choice for the configuration package.
- Assign a primary SafeGuard Enterprise Server (the secondary server is not necessary).
- If required, specify a policy group which must have been created beforehand in the SafeGuard
Management Center to be applied to the endpoints. If you want to use service
accounts for post-installation tasks on the endpoint, make sure that you
include the respective policy setting in this first policy group, see Service Account Lists for Windows logon.
If the currently active company certificate in the SafeGuard Enterprise
Database differs from the one on the endpoints that should receive the new
configuration package, select the appropriate CCO
(Company Certificate Change Order). In Users and
Computers, in the Inventory tab of
the relevant domain, OU or computer a missing check mark under
Current Company Certificate indicates that a
company certificate change is required. You can find information on the
required CCO in the CCOs tab of the
Configuration Package Tool in the
Note: Deployment of the new configuration package on the endpoint will fail,
if the currently active company certificates in the SafeGuard Enterprise
Database and on the endpoint do not match and no appropriate
CCO is included.
- Select the Transport Encryption mode defining how the connection between
SafeGuard Enterprise Client and SafeGuard Enterprise Server is to be
encrypted, either Sophos encryption or SSL encryption.
The advantage of SSL is that it is a standard protocol and that a faster connection can be
achieved as when using SafeGuard transport encryption. SSL encryption is
selected by default. For further information on how to secure transport
connections with SSL, see the SafeGuard Enterprise Installation
- Specify an output path for the configuration package
- Click Create Configuration Package.
If you have selected SSL encryption as the Transport
Encryption mode, the server connection is validated. If the
connection fails, a warning message is displayed.
The configuration package (MSI) has now been created in the specified directory. You now need to
distribute and deploy this package to the endpoints.