To assign POA users to unmanaged endpoints, you need Read
only or Full access rights for the relevant
POA users are assigned to unmanaged endpoints (operating in standalone mode) in configuration
- In the SafeGuard Management Center, select Configuration
Package Tool from the Tools menu.
- Select an existing configuration package or create a
- Specify a POA Group created beforehand in the Users and
Computers area of the SafeGuard Management Center, to be
applied to the endpoints.
A no list group is available for selection by default. This group can be
used to delete a POA group assignment on endpoints.
- Specify an output path for the configuration package.
- Click Create Configuration Package.
- Deploy the configuration package to the endpoints.
By installing the configuration package, the users included in the group are added to the
SafeGuard POA on the endpoints. The POA users are available for POA logon.
Note: When you upgrade unmanaged endpoints to managed, the POA users remain active, if they have
also been assigned in the SafeGuard Management Center. The passwords set in the
POA groups deployed in configuration packages are set to the ones specified in
the SafeGuard Management Center. Passwords changed using
F8 are overwritten.