To assign policies, you need Full access rights to the
- Click Users and Computers.
- In the navigation window, select the required container
object (for example OU or domain).
- Switch to the Policies tab.
All items required for policy assignment are displayed
in the action area.
- To assign a policy, drag the policy from the list into
the Policies tab.
- You can define a Priority for
each policy by arranging the policies in order using the context menu.
The settings of higher-ranked policies override those below. If
you select No Override for a policy, its
settings will not be overridden by those from other policies.
If you select No Override
for a low-priority
policy, this policy will take higher priority than a higher-ranking
To change the Priority or the
No Override setting for policies in
Users and Computers, you need
Full Access rights for all objects the
policies are assigned to. If you do not have Full
Access rights for all objects, the settings are not
editable. If you try to edit these fields, an info message is
- The .Authenticated users and .Authenticated computers
are displayed in the activation area.
The policy applies to all groups within the OU and/or