Note: The key recovery file generated during installation of the SafeGuard Enterprise encryption
software needs to be stored in a location that a helpdesk officer is able to
access and the name of the file must be known.
- In the SafeGuard Management Center, select Tools
> Recovery from the menu bar to open the Recovery Wizard.
- In Recovery type, select Sophos
SafeGuard Client (standalone).
- Locate the required key recovery file by clicking the [...] button next
to the Key recovery file field. For easier
identification, the recovery files carry the name of the computer:
- Enter the challenge code the user has passed on to you
and click Next. The challenge code is verified.
If the challenge code has been entered correctly, the recovery action requested by the computer
as well as the possible recovery actions are displayed. If the code has
been entered incorrectly, Invalid challenge is
displayed below the block containing the error.
- Select the action to be taken by the user and click Next.
- A response code is generated. Communicate the response
code to the user. A spelling aid is provided. You may also copy
the response code to the clipboard.
The user can enter the response code, perform the requested
action and resume working.