To generate certificates from tokens, you need Full access
rights for the relevant user.
You can generate new certificates straight
from the token if, for example, there is no certificate structure
Note: If only the private part of the certificate is written on to the token, the user can only
access their private key with the token. The private key then only resides on
the token. If the token is lost, the private key can no longer be
token is issued.
- In the SafeGuard Management Center, click Users and Computers.
- Plug the token into the USB interface.
SafeGuard Enterprise reads in the token.
- Mark the user for whom a certificate is to be generated,
and open the Certificate tab in the work
area on the right-hand side.
- Click Generate and assign certificate by token.
Note that the length of the key must match the size of the token.
- Select the slot and enter the token PIN.
- Click Create.
The token generates the certificate and assigns it to