Manage Apple Business Manager devices
On the Apple DEP devices page, you manage devices you deploy via Apple Business Manager (Apple Business Manager devices).
You can assign an Apple Business Manager profile to these devices that provides information to Apple Business Manager when the user activates the device.
The Apple Business Manager profile associated with the device in Sophos Mobile might be different from the profile the device uses. If you change the profile after the user set up the device, it uses the previously assigned profile until it’s wiped and set up again.
To change the Apple Business Manager profile for a device, do as follows:
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click Devices and then click Apple DEP.
- Click Synchronize with Apple Business Manager.
- Select the device to which you want to assign a different profile.
- Click Actions and then click the required action:
- Assign profile: Select the Apple Business Manager profile Sophos Mobile assigns to the device when it’s activated the next time.
- Unassign profile: Assign no Apple Business Manager profile.
If you assign no profile, the device uses the default profile that you’ve selected on the Apple DEP profiles tab of the Apple setup page. If you haven’t configured a default profile, the device doesn’t enroll with Sophos Mobile when it’s activated the next time.