Enroll devices with QR code
To enroll an Android Enterprise fully managed device with a QR code, you scan the QR code during the initial device setup.
- You have a Sophos Mobile user account. You must enter the account credentials during the enrollment process.
- You have the enrollment QR code available.
To enroll a device:
- Turn on a new device, or reset it to its factory settings if it was already in use.
On the Welcome page of the Android setup assistant, tap six times in the same spot.
This opens a QR code reader.
On some devices, you must connect to a Wi-Fi network so that Android can download the QR code reader.
Scan the QR code.
- If the QR code doesn’t contain a Wi-Fi configuration, or if the Wi-Fi network isn’t available, connect to a network manually.
- Follow the enrollment instructions.
The device enrolls with Sophos Mobile as an Android Enterprise fully managed device.
Depending on the device, the setup procedure might be shorter compared to a manual setup. For example, vendor-specific configuration steps might be skipped.