Set network access
Sophos Mobile doesn’t control the network access by itself. Instead, it provides a compliance status that can be used by external NAC software like Sophos UTM to block network communication.
Sophos Mobile doesn’t support Network Access Control for the following devices because their MAC address isn’t available:
- Apple User Enrollment devices
Before you can set the network access for a device, the Sophos Mobile super administrator must configure Network Access Control (NAC). See Configure Network Access Control.
To set the network access for selected devices, do as follows:
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, select the devices for which you want to configure network access.
- Click Actions > Set network access.
Select one of the following:
- Allow: Network access is always allowed.
Deny: Network access is always denied.
You can’t deny network access for devices where Sophos Mobile only manages the Sophos container.
Auto mode: Network access is allowed or denied depending on a device’s compliance status.
Click Yes to save the changes.