Reset device password
You can remotely reset the password of the following devices:
- Android Enterprise devices
- iPhones and iPads, but not Apple User Enrollment devices
You can’t reset the password of the following devices:
- Devices where Sophos Mobile only manages the Sophos container.
- Devices where only Sophos Intercept X for Mobile is enrolled with Sophos Mobile.
- Android Enterprise devices with Android 8 or later, if the user hasn’t confirmed the device password.
On some devices, the user sets the password during the initial setup before the Sophos Mobile Control app is installed. In this case, the Sophos Mobile Control app asks the user to confirm the password at every synchronization. As long as the user hasn’t confirmed the password, you can’t reset the password remotely.
To reset the password of a device:
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click Devices.
- Click the device for which you want to reset the password.
- On the Show device page, click Actions > Reset password.
- If a one-time unlock password is displayed in the confirmation dialog, communicate it to the user.
On Android devices, the user must unlock the device with the one-time password and then create a new password.
On iPhones and iPads, the password is removed and the device is unlocked.