Assign a policy
You assign a policy to devices to apply the settings it includes.
To assign a policy to a device or device group:
- On the menu sidebar, under CONFIGURE, select Policies and then select a device platform.
- Select the blue triangle next to a policy and select Assign.
On the Select devices page, do one of following:
- Select individual devices.
- Select Select device groups and then select the required device groups.
On the Set execution date page, enter a date and time for the task to be carried out.
This step is only relevant for the following policies:
- Android device policies
- Knox container policies
- iOS device policies
The policy is applied to the selected devices.
If you didn’t enter a date for the task to be carried out, the policy takes effect immediately.
You can also apply a policy by using one of the following options:
- To assign a policy to a single device: On the device’s Show device page, select the Policies tab and click Assign policy.
- To assign a policy to several devices: On the Devices page, select the required devices and then select Actions > Assign policy.
- To assign a policy as part of a task bundle: Add an Assign policy task to the task bundle and transfer it to the required devices or device groups.