Set up the first node
- Install Sophos Mobile as described in Install and set up the Sophos Mobile server and write down the name of the database you created. Specify this database when installing further nodes.
At the end of the installation deselect the Start Sophos Mobile server now option in the Sophos Mobile - Installation finished dialog.
If the Sophos Mobile service has already been started it will automatically be stopped and restarted during the configuration described later in this section. Alternatively, you can manually stop the service from the menu of the Sophos Mobile system tray icon.
On the server, click Start, go to Sophos Mobile and click SMC Configuration Wizard.
- The Welcome page of the Sophos Mobile Configuration Wizard is displayed. Click Next.
- On the Database Selection page, select Skip database configuration and click Next.
- On the Choose configuration steps page, select Configure cluster support and click Next.
- On the Cluster Configuration page, use the drop-down list of available network interfaces to select the interface that will be used for multicast communication between the server node that you are about to set up and the other nodes.
- Click through the remaining pages of the configuration wizard. Make sure that you click Yes when asked to start the SMC service.
- The configuration of the first SMC server node is now complete. Click Finish in the Sophos Mobile - Configuration Wizard finished dialog.