This document explains how to migrate from an on-premise Sophos Mobile server to the Sophos Mobile product in Sophos Central.
We call this “Migration from Sophos Mobile to Sophos Central.”
We strongly recommend that you do as follows:
- Contact our Professional Services team to see how they can help you migrate successfully.
- Follow the steps in this migration guide.
- Resolve any issues found by the migration assistant.
You can’t undo migration after you’ve started, so it’s important to plan properly.
Before you begin
Before you start migration, you need to know the following restrictions:
- Your Sophos Mobile license in Sophos Central must match the license of the account that you want to migrate. For example, you can’t migrate from a Mobile Advanced license to a Mobile Standard license.
- You can’t migrate to a trial account.
- You can’t migrate if you already added devices to Sophos Mobile in Sophos Central.
- You can’t select the items to migrate. If you want to exclude some devices or policies, delete them before starting the migration.
- You can’t undo migration.
- You can’t resume migration after you canceled it.
- You can’t repeat migration. After you started migration, you can’t migrate the same account again or migrate another account to the same Sophos Central account.