After you’ve tested device enrollment in Sophos Mobile Self Service Portal, you can import your user list into Sophos Mobile.
The import of users is only relevant for internal user management. For external user management, all users that are assigned to a certain LDAP group can log in to the system.
You can import up to 500 users.
If you specify a group that doesn’t exist, Sophos Mobile creates it.
The CSV file must have the following specification:
- The first row is treated as a header and is not imported.
- Values must be separated by semicolon, not by comma.
- All rows must have the correct number of semicolon characters, even if you leave out optional values.
- The file extension must be
- To ensure that non-English characters are imported correctly, the file must be UTF-8 encoded.
On the Import users page, click Example CSV to download a sample file.
To import users from a CSV file:
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click People.
- Click Import users.
- On the Import users page, click Send registration emails.
Click Upload a file and then navigate to the CSV file you’ve prepared.
The entries are read in from the file and are displayed.
If the data is not formatted correctly or is inconsistent, the file as a whole cannot be imported. In this case, follow the error messages that are displayed next to the relevant entries, correct the content of the CSV file accordingly and upload it again.
- Click Finish to create the user accounts.
The users are imported and displayed on the People page. They receive emails with their Sophos Mobile Self Service Portal credentials.