Manage archive files
With Sophos Secure Workspace you can manage archive files in ZIP and 7z format.
View the content of an archive file
You can browse archive files in ZIP or 7z format and view the content of included files without extracting them.
- To browse a ZIP or 7z archive file, navigate to the file and then tap it. If the archive file is password protected, you must enter the password.
- To view the content of a file within the archive file, navigate to that file and then tap it. If Sophos Secure Workspace supports the file format, the file opens in the embedded viewer.
Extract an archive file
To extract all files from a ZIP or 7z archive file:
- Select the archive file and then tap Extract in the menu.
- Alternatively, open the archive file and then tap Extract all in the menu.
Extract a single file from an archive file
To extract a single file from a ZIP or 7z archive file:
- Open the archive file.
- Navigate to the file you want to extract and select it.
- Tap Extract selected in the menu.
Create a ZIP archive file
You can compress selected files and store them in a new ZIP archive file, optionally with password-based ZIP encryption.
You can also encrypt the archive file with an encryption key from the Sophos Secure Workspace keyring.
To create a ZIP archive file:
- Navigate to the folder that contains the files you want to store in an archive file.
Select one or more files and then tap Compress in the menu.
You can’t select files from Favorites, Work documents or Recently opened.
If Sophos Secure Workspace is managed by Sophos Mobile and sharing of files is forbidden for a storage provider, you can’t store such files in an archive file.