Create Password Safe entry
To add an entry or entry group to a Password Safe file:
- Open the Password Safe file and then tap +.
Select the type of entry you want to create:
- Account creates an entry with predefined fields suitable for web accounts and similar items.
- Credit card creates an entry with predefined fields suitable for credit cards and similar items.
- Note creates an entry to store notes. Only available in iOS.
- Group creates a folder within the Password Safe file to organize your entries.
Enter your data into the fields of the entry.
- Optional (Android): Tap the icon next to the Title field to select a different one.
Optional: Add custom fields to the entry.
- Tap Add field and then add a field name and a value.
- Tap + and then select the type of field that you want to add.
If you turn on Protected for a custom field, you must tap the Eye button next to the field to view the value. Also, protected fields are excluded from search results.
When done, save the entry:
- Tap More .
- Tap Done.
You can easily use the password data to sign in to a web page or app. See Use password data to sign in.
(iOS) You might experience performance issues when you attach large files or a large number of files to an entry. We recommend you encrypt such files with the Sophos Secure Workspace app to store them securely.