About these release notes
These are the release notes for Sophos Firewall Migration Assistant.
Virtual appliance supported platforms: VMware ESXi, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, Virtualbox.
Supported features: Migration of interfaces, address objects, service objects, static routes, NAT policies, firewall rules, basic content filtering lists, and basic threat prevention enablement.
Supported sources: SonicOS 5.x, 6.x EXP (settings file).
Supported targets: new installations of Sophos XG85 – XG750 running version 17.5.
- Zone names can only contain alphanumeric and underscore characters. Zone names are checked to ensure they don't contain other characters.
- Updated the VLAN markup reference template to support the required tags. This means that we support <VLAN> (not <Interface>), and <Zone> (not <NetworkZone>).
- You can't use tabs in the name for host objects. Tabs and control characters will be removed.
- Updated the EULA text so that it wraps correctly for VMware Workstation.
- Added instructions to the OVA using the EULA mechanism. This is supported by OVF compliant platforms.
- Added a logic check to the edit phase which prevents the user from proceeding to the next phase if the Target Appliance and at least one interface aren't configured.
- Automatically prune FQDNHost and MACHost objects from IPHost groups. SonicOS supports groups of mixed object types, though this is not supported in Sophos XG Firewall.
- When multiple checkboxes are selected on the Interfaces page, unselecting one box may inadvertently unselect other boxes.
- Deleting an object from a table causes the scroll position within the table to change. This only affects the display. This issue will be addressed in a later release.
- Tables load slowly. You can scroll past the last row displayed in the table.
- Deleting the last migration Saved does not remove the entry until you reload the page. This happens when there is only one migration in the Saved table.
- The Summary page provides only basic information.
- In Routes, you need to manually change the interface that the policy is bound to.
- In Routes, a default gateway of 0.0.0.0 is not currently supported.
- Give Feedback may not work if outbound SMTP is blocked.
- Recommended Next Steps will be included in a future release. This feature will guide you through the process of importing the migrated configuration and basic troubleshooting steps.
- The ability to edit links on the Migration Summary page will be included in a future release. You can work around it by going to the Saved table on the Home page, then selecting the Edit icon next to the most recent migration.
Copyright © 2019 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos, Sophos Anti-Virus and SafeGuard are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited, Sophos Group and Utimaco Safeware AG, as applicable. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.