Add an SNMPv3 user
You can add an SNMPv3 user and the authorized hosts. You can specify encryption and authentication settings to ensure confidentiality, message integrity, and user validity.
- Go to Administration > SNMP. Scroll down to SNMPv3 users and traps and select Add. You can import or export an SNMP agent, community, or user configuration as a tar file from Backup and firmware > Import export.
- Enter the username. It must match the username you specified in the authorized host machines. You can enter letters without space.
- Select Accept queries to receive requests from the manager. Sophos Firewall responds to queries when the user credentials match. To respond, it doesn’t require details of the authorized hosts.
Select Send traps to allow Sophos Firewall to send traps (alerts) to the manager.
To turn on SNMP traps, go to System services > Notification list.
For Authorized hosts, enter the IP addresses (IPv4 or IPv6) of the host machines. If an SNMP manager or authorized host is in the WAN zone, turn on SNMP for the WAN zone. Go to Administration > Device access.
- Select an encryption algorithm from the Encryption algorithm list and specify the password, using at least 12 characters.
- None: No encryption
- Select an authentication algorithm from the Authentication algorithm list and specify the password, using at least 12 characters.
- Click Save.