Add an application object
To create a new application object, follow the steps below.
- Go to Applications > Application object and click Add.
- Give the object a name.
- Use the dropdown lists to filter applications based on the following:
- Category: For example, network services, streaming media or VOIP.
- Risk: Applications are given a risk score from very low to very high.
- Characteristics: For example, applications that are prone to misuse or have the ability to transfer files.
- Technology: The available options are: browser-based, client-server, network protocol, P2P, and synchronized application control.
- Classification: The available options are: new, sanctioned, unsanctioned, and tolerated.
- Use the dropdown menu to filter applications by name. For example, enter Skype to list all applications with Skype in the name.
- Select the applications you want to add using the checkboxes to the left.
- Click Save.