Create a bridge to AP LAN wireless network
Create a bridge to AP LAN wireless network to allow wireless devices to access LAN resources. The wireless network exists on the same subnet as your LAN network.
- Go to Wireless > Wireless networks and click Add.
Specify the settings.
Option Description Name Bridge SSID Bridge Security mode WPA2 Personal Client traffic Bridge to AP LAN
Type a password and confirm.
The screenshot below shows an example of the wireless settings.
- Go to Wireless > Access points, and click an active access point. If you don't have any active access points, follow the optional steps below.
- Select the zone in which your access points are connected.
- Approve the pending access point.
- Click the active access point.
- Select the country where the access point is located.
- In the wireless networks list, click Add new item and select the requested network.
- Click Save.
Go to Network > Interface.
You only need to create a bridge interface when you use the built-in access point on a wireless Sophos Firewall, it's not required when you use a separate access point, for example, an APX 320.
Click Add interface and select Add bridge.
Specify the following settings.
Option Description Name Bridge interface Interface Port1 > LAN Interface Port2 > WiFi Start IP <IP address> End IP <IP address> Subnet mask /24 (255.255.255.0) Domain name site.example.com Gateway Use interface IP as gateway
The below screenshot shows example bridge interface settings.