Turn on Security Heartbeat
Security heartbeat is the real-time threat, health, and security information indicator for synchronized security.
Before turning on security heartbeat, make sure you have a Sophos Central account and a trial or full license for any Sophos Central managed endpoint.
To turn on security heartbeat, do as follows:
- Sign in to the Sophos Firewall web admin console.
- Click Sophos Central.
- Click Register to register the firewall with Sophos Central.
- Enter the Email Address and Password of your Sophos Central administrator account.
Alternatively, you can use an OTP to register.
To create a Sophos Central administrator account, see Sophos Central: Getting Started.
Once registartion is complete, click the slider next to Security Heartbeat to turn on security heartbeat.
Security Heartbeat is now turned on.
Verifying if Security Heartbeat is turned on
- Go to Sophos Central.
- Sign in to Sophos Central with the email address and password you used to register the firewall.
- Click Global Settings.
- Click Registered Firewall Appliances.
The serial numbers of the firewalls synchronized with the Sophos Central account are shown.