IPsec (remote access) overview
You can establish remote access IPsec VPN connections using the Sophos Connect client.
Configuring IPsec remote access connections
To allow remote access to your network through the Sophos Connect client using an IPsec connection, do as follows:
- Go to VPN > IPsec (remote access) and specify the settings.
- Add a firewall rule to allow traffic between the Sophos Connect clients and Sophos Firewall. For higher levels of security, configure individual rules for inbound and outbound traffic.
- Scroll down on IPsec (remote access) and click Export connection to download the configuration files.
- Share the
.scxfile with users.
.tgbfile doesn't have the advanced settings. You can use it with third-party VPN clients.
Users must do as follows:
- Download the Sophos Connect client from the user portal.
- Import the
.scxfile shared with them to the client.
- Enter their user portal credentials on the client.
The Sophos Connect client then establishes the connection.