Troubleshooting mesh networks
Mesh network not usable
The mesh network is visible, but clients can't connect to the internet.
You might have misconfigured your network.
- Check if you have at least one root access point and one mesh access point.
- Ensure that the root access point is connected to the network through a wired LAN connection.
- Check if your mesh access points are on the same channel.
- Make sure the access points that aren't part of the mesh network are on a different channel.
Mesh network not visible
The mesh network is established, but endpoint computers can't see the mesh SSID.
The mesh network may take up to five minutes to be available after configuration.
- Restart your access points.
- Wait five minutes for the network to appear.
Mesh access points missing from the network
The mesh network is set up, but you have connection gaps.
Some access points may not be connected to the mesh network.
- Make sure that all mesh access points have the configuration. To obtain a configuration, the access points must initially be connected by a wired LAN connection. After the configuration is saved, you can disconnect the mesh access points (except from one) and restart them.
- Make sure that the LAN cable is only connected to one mesh access point.