Guest user details
Guest users are users who do not have an account and want to connect to your network in order to access the internet. You can add (register) guest users or allow them to register themselves through the guest user portal. Specify policies and settings as required.
- To change a password, click Change password.
- To view internet traffic statistics, click View usage.
- To reset the internet traffic statistics and restart the user’s network traffic quota, click Reset user accounting.
Policies specified at the user level take precedence over those specified at the group level.
Group: Group to which you want to add the user. If you don't specify policies for the user, the group's policies apply.
Surfing quota: Access based on a defined period and type. This policy can include a cycle type, hours, validity, and maximum hours.
Access time: Access or denial based on a defined recurring period.
Network traffic: Access based on bandwidth usage.
Traffic shaping: Access based on QoS traffic shaping policy. This policy can include a policy association, priority, and specific limits for uploading and downloading.
Remote access: Access to be applied to remote users through VPN. This relates to SSL VPN connections through the Sophos Connect client and the legacy SSL VPN client.
Clientless: Access to be granted to users using only a browser as a client. This policy can include bookmarks or resources that clientless users are allowed to access.
User policies take precedence over policies of the group to which the user belongs.
L2TP: Allow access using L2TP. Optionally, specify an IP address to be leased to the user for L2TP access.
PPTP: Allow access using PPTP. Optionally, specify an IP address to be leased to the user for PPTP access.
IPsec remote access: Allow remote access VPN using the Sophos Connect client.
Login restriction: Allow access from the specified nodes:
- Any node: The user can sign in from any node in the network.
- User group nodes: If a user belongs to a specific group, they inherit the login restrictions applied to that group.
- Selected nodes: The user can only sign in from specified IP addresses.
- Node range: The user can sign in from any IP address within the specified range of IP addresses.
Quarantine digest: Sends a list of emails held in the quarantine area to the user's inbox as a digest.
Simultaneous logins: Number of concurrent sessions that will be allowed for the user. Use the value specified in the global settings or specify a value.
MAC binding: Require users to log on through the specified devices.
Login restriction: Allow access from the specified nodes. You can specify no restriction (any node), named nodes, or a node range.