Synchronize configurations between two STAS installations
The Sophos Transparent Authentication Suite (STAS) configuration sync feature allows administrators to duplicate STAS configurations from one STAS installation to another.
STAS configuration sync feature
Depending on the STAS installation type (agent, collector, or suite), you can synchronize the component configurations of STAS from one installation to another as follows:
- When you synchronize from an SSO suite to another SSO suite, both agent and collector related values are synchronized.
- When you synchronize from a STAS agent to an SSO Suite, only the agent values are synchronized.
- When you synchronize from a STAS collector to an SSO suite, only the collector values are synchronized.
- When you synchronize from a STAS agent to another STAS agent, only the agent values are synchronized.
- When you synchronize from a STAS collector to another STAS collector, only the collector values are synchronized.
You can't synchronize STAS configurations in any other combination of STAS installation types.
Synchronizing the configuration
- Sign in to the computer from which you want to synchronize STAS configuration settings.
- Start the STAS application from the desktop or Start menu.
- Go to Advanced.
Click Configuration Sync.
In the pop-up window, enter the IP address of the computer you want to sync the configuration to.
- Click OK.