Add an Active Directory server
You learn how to add an Active Directory server.
- Go to Authentication > Servers and click Add.
- From the Server type list, select Active directory.
- Enter a name.
- Type an IP address and port.
Specify the settings.
Option Description NetBIOS domain NetBIOS domain for the server. ADS username Username for the admin user of the server. Password Password for the admin user of the server. Connection security Connection security for the server.
Note: Using encryption is recommended.
- Simple Send user credentials as unencrypted plain text.
- SSL/TLS Use Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security to encrypt the connection.
- STARTTLS Upgrade a non-encrypted connection by wrapping it with SSL/TLS after or during the connection process. Uses the default port.
Validate server certificate When using a secured connection, validates the certificate on the external server. Display name attribute Name for the server, which is displayed to the user as the server user name. Email address attribute Alias for the configured email address, which is displayed to the user. Domain name Domain name for which the query is to be added. Search queries Queries to execute on the server.Click Add and create an LDAP query. Refer to LDAP Query Basics and LDAP Query Examples for more information.
Click Test connection to validate the user credentials and check the connection to the server.
When both synchronized user ID and STAS are configured, the authentication server uses the mechanism from which it receives the sign-in request first.
Go to Authentication > Services and select servers to use for service authentication.