Turn on security heartbeat
Security heartbeat is the real-time threat, health, and security information indicator for synchronized security.
For security heartbeat to work you need a Sophos Central account and a trial or full license for any Sophos Central managed endpoint as pre-requisites.
To turn on security heartbeat, do as folows:
- Sign-in to the Sophos Firewall web admin console.
- Click Control center in the left-hand navigation.
- On the top right-hand side, under Security Heartbeat, click Activate.
Click Register, and in the pop-up window add the Email Address and Password for the Sophos Central admin account to sync with the firewall. Click Register at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Please refer to the video available on Sophos Central: Getting Started, for instructions on how to create a Sophos Central admin account.
Security Heartbeat is now enabled.
Verifying if Security Heartbeat is enabled
- Log in to the Sophos Central using the admin account that's synchronized with the Sophos Firewall.
- Go to Global Settings in the left-hand navigation.
- Click Registered Firewall Appliances.
- The serial number of the firewalls synced with the Sophos Central account are shown.