Installing on Windows
You can deploy an Sophos Firewall ISO image on a Windows server.
- Go to Sophos Firewall free trial and download the Sophos Firewall software (ISO) image on your computer.
- Insert a standard USB pen drive that has the specified minimum space. You will need the pen drive to install the ISO.
To install the ISO using Windows utility, follow these steps:
- Go to Win32 Disk Imager and download Win32 Disk Imager.
- Start the utility. The utility looks for IMG files. To allow the utility to find the downloaded ISO file, change the file filter to
*.*. Select the Sophos Firewall ISO file.
To install the ISO on the pen drive, select the USB pen drive.
Installing the ISO will erase the pen drive’s existing data.
To install Sophos Firewall on the server, follow these steps:
- For the pen drive to start, you may need to change the BIOS settings.
- Connect a monitor, keyboard, and a serial cable to the server.
When the prompt to start installation appears, type
yand press Enter.
You will receive two prompts.
When installation is complete, remove the pen drive and restart the server. A first-time restart will take a few minutes. Sophos Firewall is installed as a software appliance.
- Configure Sophos Firewall.
- From the management device, go to
Select Start to open the initial setup wizard and complete the basic configuration.
The wizard won't start if you've changed the default password from the CLI console.
You need to activate and register Sophos Firewall.