Add an eDirectory server
You learn how to add an eDirectory server.
- Go to Authentication > Servers and click Add.
- From the Server type list, select eDirectory.
- Enter a name.
- Type an IP address and port.
Specify the settings.
Setting Description Bind DN DN to use for authentication. Must be specified as a distinguished name (DN) in LDAP syntax. Password Password for the server. Connection security
Connection security for the server.
We recommend using encryption. Choose from the following options:
- Simple: Send user credentials as unencrypted plain text.
- SSL/TLS: Use Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security to encrypt the connection.
- STARTTLS: Upgrade a non-encrypted connection by wrapping it with SSL/TLS after or during the connection process. Uses the default port.
Validate server certificate When using a secured connection, validates the certificate on the external server. Client certificate
Client certificate to use for establishing a secure connection.
To manage client certificates, go to Certificates.
Base distinguished name (DN) for the server. The Base DN is the starting point relative to the root of the directory tree, where users are specified. Must be specified as a distinguished name (DN) in LDAP syntax. For example,
Click Get base DN to retrieve the Base DN from the directory.
Click Test connection to validate the user credentials and check the connection to the server.
- Click Save.
Go to Authentication > Services and select servers to use for service authentication.