Connect as HA spare
Connect a new firewall to an existing HA cluster using the setup assistant.
To connect a new firewall to an existing HA cluster do as follows:
Turn on Sophos Firewall.
The setup assistant will appear.
Click Connect as HA spare.
In the pop-up window, enter the following details:
- Peer serial number: Enter the serial number of the firewall you'll connect to for HA.
- Passphrase: Enter the passphrase you configured for HA on your existing firewall.
- Dedicated HA link: Use the drop-down menu to select the dedicated HA port. This must be the same on all firewalls.
- IP address: Enter the IP address. This must be in the same address range as the existing firewall.
- Subnet mask: Use the drop-down menu to select the subnet mask. This must the same on all firewalls.
- Click Continue.