You can activate your evaluations and subscriptions. You can also synchronize your licenses.
Device registration details
To see the device registration details and the status of the licenses, go to Administration > Licensing.
The following registration details are shown when you claim your firewall in Sophos Central:
- Model number and the device key.
- Company name with which you've registered the firewall.
- Contact person in your organization.
- Email address used to register the firewall.
For information about how to claim your firewall in Sophos Central, see Set up a new firewall with Sophos Central.
If Sophos Firewall is connected to the internet, the firewall synchronizes with Sophos Central every 24 hours, and licenses are updated automatically.
You can click Synchronize to synchronize the licenses manually for the latest subscriptions.
Activate a license key
You can activate paid license subscriptions and evaluation licenses. See Set up a new firewall with Sophos Central.
Module subscription details
You can subscribe to the license modules as follows:
- With a license key (paid subscription).
- Without a license key for a 30-day trial (free subscription).
If you want to evaluate a module again later, you can activate its evaluation in the next major version.
Example: If you had evaluated Zero-day protection in version 18.5 but didn't buy it, you can activate its evaluation again in 19.5.
You can see the status of the subscriptions and their expiration date. Statuses can be one of the following:
- Not subscribed
The following license bundles are available for XGS and XG Series firewalls:
|Xstream Appliance Bundle
|Standard Appliance Bundle
Individual licenses and firewall features
You can also subscribe to individual licenses. The licenses deliver the following features:
- Base License: Stateful Firewall, VPN, Wireless.
- Network Protection: Intrusion Prevention (IPS), Sophos X-Ops threat feeds, SD-RED Device Management, Security Heartbeat.
- Web Protection: Web Security and Control, Application control, including Synchronized Application Control, Web Malware Protection.
- Zero-day protection: Machine Learning, Sandboxing File Analysis, Threat Intelligence.
- Central Orchestration: SD-WAN VPN Orchestration, CFR Advanced.
- Email Protection: Anti-spam, Antivirus, DLP, Encryption, Email Malware Protection.
- Webserver Protection: Web Application Firewall.
For Support subscriptions, see Support scope and communication methods.