Sophos Firewall's Xstream architecture provides multiple levels of protection, performance, and visibility. It protects your network from the latest threats and accelerates your important SaaS, SD-WAN, and cloud application traffic.
The firewall provides comprehensive traffic processing from layer 2 to layer 7, offering protection and security across the higher layers of the network stack. Its major security capabilities include the following features:
- Firewall: Control internet and network traffic using rules and policies.
- SSL/TLS: Intercept and decrypt SSL and TLS connections over TCP.
- IPS: Prevent network attacks using rules.
- Web: Define web browsing restrictions using categories, URL groups, and file types.
- Remote access: Remotely access and configure applications and resources in your network using ZTNA and Site-to-site VPN.