The minimum hardware requirements for installing and using Sophos UTM on AWS are as follows:
- Processor: Intel Atom Dual Core with 1.46 GHz (or compatible)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- HDD: 40 GB SATA hard disk drive or SSD
- CD-ROM Drive: Bootable IDE or SCSI CD-ROM drive
- NIC: Two or more PCIe 2.0 Ethernet network interface cards
- NIC (optional): One heart-beat capable PCI Ethernet network interface card. In a high-availability system, the primary and secondary system communicate with one another through so-called heart-beat requests. If you want to set up a high-availability system, both units need to be equipped with heart-beat capable network interface cards.
- USB (optional): One USB port for communications with a UPS device and one USB port for connecting a Sophos UTM on AWS Smart Installer(SUSI)
- Switch (optional): A network device that connects (and selects between) network segments. Note that this switch must have jumbo frame support enabled.
Sophos provides a list of hardware devices compatible with Sophos UTM on AWS Software. The Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) is available at the Sophos Knowledge Base. To make the installation and operation of Sophos UTM on AWS Software less error-prone, you are advised to only use hardware that is listed in the HCL. The hardware and software requirements for the client PC used to access WebAdmin are as follows:
- Processor: Clock signal frequency 2 GHz or higher