The minimum hardware requirements for installing and using Sophos UTM are as follows:
- Processor: Intel Atom Dual Core with 1.46 GHz (or compatible)
- Memory: 2 GB RAMRandom Access Memory
- HDD: 40 GB SATA hard disk drive or SSD
- CD-ROM Drive: Bootable IDEIntelligent Drive Electronics or SCSISmall Computer System Interface CD-ROM drive
- NIC: Two or more PCIe 2.0 Ethernet network interface cards
- NIC (optional): One heart-beat capable PCIPeripheral Component Interconnect Ethernet network interface card. In a high-availability system, the primary and secondary system communicate with one another through so-called heart-beat requests. If you want to set up a high-availability system, both units need to be equipped with heart-beat capable network interface cards.
- USB (optional): One USBUniversal Serial Bus port for communications with a UPSUninterruptible Power Supply device and one USB port for connecting a Sophos UTM Smart Installer(SUSI)
- Switch (optional): A network device that connects (and selects between) network segments. Note that this switch must have jumbo frame support enabled.
Sophos provides a list of hardware devices compatible with Sophos UTM Software. The Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) is available at the Sophos Knowledge Base. To make the installation and operation of Sophos UTM Software less error-prone, you are advised to only use hardware that is listed in the HCLHardware Compatibility List. The hardware and software requirements for the client PC used to access WebAdmin are as follows:
- Processor: Clock signal frequency 2 GHz or higher