The minimum hardware requirements for installing and using Sophos UTM are as follows:
- Processor: Intel Atom Dual Core with 1.46 GHz (or compatible)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM Random Access Memory
- HDD: 40 GB SATA hard disk drive or SSD
- CD-ROM Drive: Bootable IDE Intelligent Drive Electronics or SCSI Small Computer System Interface CD-ROM drive
- NIC: Two or more PCIe 2.0 Ethernet network interface cards
- NIC (optional): One heart-beat capable PCI Peripheral Component Interconnect Ethernet network interface card. In a high-availability system, the primary and secondary system communicate with one another through so-called heart-beat requests. If you want to set up a high-availability system, both units need to be equipped with heart-beat capable network interface cards.
- USB (optional): One USB Universal Serial Bus port for communications with a UPS Uninterruptible Power Supply device and one USB port for connecting a Sophos UTM Smart Installer(SUSI)
- Switch (optional): A network device that connects (and selects between) network segments. Note that this switch must have jumbo frame support enabled.
Sophos provides a list of hardware devices compatible with Sophos UTM Software. The Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) is available at the Sophos Knowledge Base. To make the installation and operation of Sophos UTM Software less error-prone, you are advised to only use hardware that is listed in the HCL Hardware Compatibility List. The hardware and software requirements for the client PC used to access WebAdmin are as follows:
- Processor: Clock signal frequency 2 GHz or higher